Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First level of server interaction not working.

First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 7 months ago #289

I recently installed the MRTool and with it the server objects required for first level of server interaction.

I am running a simple trace as lparker_dev using the Run Script (F5) button in SQL Developer v3.1.06, with MR Trace Enabled. However, it still prompts me with the installation script. I created the following:

CREATE DIRECTORY METHODR_UDUMP_1 AS '/u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/lifedev/LIFEDEV/trace';
CREATE DIRECTORY METHODR_UDUMP_DEST AS '/u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/lifedev/LIFEDEV/trace';
GRANT READ ON DIRECTORY METHODR_UDUMP_1 TO lparker_dev;
GRANT READ ON DIRECTORY METHODR_UDUMP_DEST TO lparker_dev;

I have also created several trace files in the above directory, but I am not able to view any of them within the Local Trace Files window.

I would appreciate if you could help me out.

Thanks
Lise
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 7 months ago #290

Lise,

The Local Trace files window will show the trace files generated when you execute Run Script from within a SQL Worksheet, as long as you have MR Trace enabled (look in the lower right corner to enable/disable it). You will not be able to see other trace files on your database server unless you install all of the server side components in the script, and those files will be visible in a different windows, which you can find on the left sidebar in SQL Developer. Screen shots that explain it better than I just did are available at the web page for MR Trace.

Re:First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 7 months ago #291

Hi,
I am trying to initiate a trace run as you outlined. However, even with the objects installed for first level of interaction, I am just being prompted with the MR Trace installation pop up window.
Is there any way I can check that I have all the settings required? I have gone through everything in the installation file for first level of interaction only and I cannot see that I am missing anything.

Re:First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 7 months ago #292

Lise,

Please send an email to our support team (support at method-r.com) and we'll help you sort this out.

Ron Crisco

Re:First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 6 months ago #306

I think i am too late for any solutions,but can you tell is it working properly now?

Re:First level of server interaction not working. 2 years 6 months ago #307

Yes, our support team worked with Lise to resolve the issue. One of the required permissions was not granted properly.