Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: mrskew summary by sqlid

Re:mrskew summary by sqlid 1 year 1 month ago #405

OK, thanks Jeff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:mrskew summary by sqlid 1 year 1 month ago #406

OK, so those commands work, and are close. If I could specify something like:
mrskew --group='"$sqlid:$exec_id"' OIWRITE.trc # cumulative time
I think we would have what I'm after. From what I can tell the $exec_id is distinguishing the separate "cursors" for the sqlid, but I don't see any info on the cumulative keyword. The c and e times are obvious, is there something for all time associated with the cursor?

Re:mrskew summary by sqlid 1 year 1 month ago #407

• Jeff Holt
  • Thank you received: 1
From what I can tell the $exec_id is distinguishing the separate "cursors" for the sqlid,

Correct.
I don't see any info on the cumulative keyword

My comment about cumulative time was only an indication that the $c and $e variables represent their respective cumulative, not exclusive time. The tool has no ability as of yet to distinguish cumulative from exclusive time.

If you want wall clock time for a "cursor" (i.e., a single execution of a $sqlid), then you will want this:

mrskew --group='"$sqlid:$exec_id"' --select='$e' OIWRITE.trc

If you want cpu time for a "cursor", then this will suffice because $c is the default projection for dbcalls:

mrskew --group='"$sqlid:$exec_id"' OIWRITE.trc

In other words, the command immediately above is equivalent to the following:

mrskew --group='"$sqlid:$exec_id"' --select='$c' OIWRITE.trc

Re:mrskew summary by sqlid 1 year 1 month ago #408

Hi Jeff, sorry it took a while to get back to you, but once you gave me that syntax we were off to the races. Needless to say that's what I was looking for and it was a huge help in narrowing down our problem. That also led me to some other queries that only this tool can perform. With the information we were able to generate it steered us in the right direction rather than having to guess what Oracle was doing with this query. Again, thanks for your help and say hi to Cary and Ron for me.

Re:mrskew summary by sqlid 1 year 1 month ago #409

• Jeff Holt
  • Thank you received: 1
You're welcome, Andy.

I'm pretty sure someone would chastise me if I didn't ask you "can we quote what you said in your last response?"