Today (2018-07-17) we celebrate the release of Method R Trace version 184.108.40.206. Method R Trace is our zero-click trace file collector for Oracle SQL Developer. Version 18.2 is the follow-up to version 3.1, which has served us well since 2015.
The new version numbering scheme, of course, follows the Oracle SQL Developer version numbering scheme, which uses two digits of the calendar year and the quarter within that year as its major and minor version numbers. It is compatible with Oracle SQL Developer version 18.2 and Method R Workbench version 8. Method R Trace 18.2 is unmistakably descended from version 3.1, but there are some big differences.
- We have exposed the “Change download directory” control to the front page. This makes it easy to instruct Method R Trace to download your trace files into your file system’s organizational hierarchy (we recommend grouping your trace files in a folder hierarchy by project, application, and function). Organizing your files this way lets you load whole folders full of hundreds or even thousands of trace files with Method R Workbench.
- The old “Local Trace Files” panel has become the new “Trace File Downloads” panel, which serves as a history of the most recent trace files you’ve downloaded.
- We use icons instead of text for the application’s button controls, which removes visual clutter from the application.
- And now you can drag files directly from the “Trace File Downloads” panel into the Method R Workbench files pane. It’s the ultimate in integration simplicity.
Method R Trace 18.2 is available today. It is a standard part of the Method R Workbench software package. It is also available with a standalone 1-year subscription license. Introductory pricing is 50 per year at method-r.com. Contact our partner, Cintra Software and Services, to inquire about volume discounts.
- 7087: Changed license validation process so that a license is valid until 23:59:59 UTC instead of 00:00:00 UTC on the date specified.
- 7083: Files list is now presented as an historical record of rather than a list of .
- 7082: Replaced button text labels with icons.
- 7080: Exposed the widget on the front page of the application, which makes it easy to change the location to which the next trace file will be downloaded.
- 7079: Updated Method R Trace Update Center text.
- 7072: Fixed a bug causing mrtrace not to install correctly from the SQL Developer Update Center.
- 7065: Cleaned up the Trace File Downloads panel by removing the Node Name and Instance Name columns.
- 7056: Changed Trace File Downloads pane column names and column order to match the names in the Method R Workbench files pane.
- 6943: Eliminated preference in favor of preference.
- 6938: Reduced the distribution size by removing unused jar files.
- 6937: Show favicon in Trace File Downloads tab label.
- 6757: Fixed a bug preventing the Trace File Downloads pane from minimizing properly (the “Big Icon” bug).
- 6203: Updated Method R Trace logos and icons throughout the extension.
- 5952: Fixed a bug causing an uncloseable trace file download progress dialog not to close after the file is downloaded.
- 5755: Fixed a bug causing mrtrace not to trace the first session after an Oracle SQL Developer restart.
- 5597: Removed Project, Author, and Description fields in deference to the more robust and useful Method R Workbench file tagging feature.
- 5596: Changed the license management UI to match the Method R Workbench application experience.
- Posted by methodradmin
- On 2018-07-17
- 0 Comment