Workbench 8.0.6 (2018-12 TBD)
- 7296: The application now disables output panel manipulations while in “Show example output” mode, and executing an action (e.g., by pressing the “Run” button) now automatically disengages “Show example output” mode.
- 7293: Fixed a bug in which quitting the application in the midst of a Tags field edit would lose your edits.
- 7291: Fixed several of the sample output items to match the actual report output.
- 7278: Fixed a bug causing the files filter not to interpret Tags field edits properly.
- 7272: Fixed a bug that would cause the application to misbehave when clicking a file or directory after reordering the columns.
- 7267: Improved item ordering on the panel.
- 7254: Fixed a bug causing the application to unnecessarily re-profile files whenever the user manipulates the files pane filter.
- 7251: New feature allows you to stop the automatic profiling of recently loaded files.
- 7233: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented a user’s click of an action in the action pane to copy its command text to the command text widget.
- 7162: Changed URL to https://method-r.com/release-notes/workbench.
- 7152: Fixed a bug that had caused Workbench to pop a spurious “No license key found” dialog when you drag a trace file onto the dock icon.
- 7061: On startup, the application now shows the status “Loading command output” while your output pane content is being loaded.
- 7060: Fixed a bug showing an incorrect number of days left before license expiration.
- 7059: New “Duration by experience ID and client ID” report.
- 7035: Changed the wording of the files pane status bar to include information about how many files are visible and hidden.
- 7032: Removed “(connection pool)” parenthetical from island ID-related action names, because these actions are useful for more than just connection pool trace files.
- 7031: Fixed a bug causing the dialog not to display sometimes when it should.
- 7027: New “Copy selected rows to output” button copies rows from the files pane into the output pane.
- 7024: Workbench loads files more quickly now and no longer prints distracting “mrls –csv” information to the output pane when you load files.
- 7011: Workbench application now uses a stable sorter that preserves pre-existing column order in case of a tie.
- 7010: Now you can drag directory from your Finder or Explorer into the Workbench files pane, and Workbench will load its contents recursively.
- 6492: Made application error text easier to find by simplifying the log file format.
- 6375: New menu option opens the Method R Workbench master log file, which you can, for example, email to Method R if you’re having a problem.
- 5487: mrprof now creates a separate profile for each
.trcfile in a zipped (
- 5293: Now you can drag compressed archives directly into the files pane. Workbench recognizes
- 7303: Fixed a bug causing mrprof to process control characters incorrectly.
- 7266: Improved the formatting of the LOCALE-CODE table in the manual page.
- 7248: Improved the accuracy of the “Total profiling error” label that can show up in the Profile report preamble.
- 7242: Enhanced the shared SQL ID hash key generation algorithm in mrprof and mrskew.
- 7241: New
--force-match-plansoption causes mrprof to group execution plans that have the same matching signature but different plan hash values.
- 7229: New
--force-match-statement-textsoption causes mrprof to group SQL and PL/SQL statements that have the same matching signature but different SQL IDs.
- 7222: Changed heading in §1.2 and §4.*.4 from “other” to “non-CPU”.
- 7221: Fixed a bug in the Profile by Execution Plan section that could cause mrprof to attribute some executions to the wrong execution plan.
- 7202: mrprof now recognizes and reports on “
*** EXPERIENCE ID:(%s)” lines.
- 7183: Refined OIOOIM05 error text, to make it less likely to cause distracting questions.
- 6766: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused mrprof not to emit placeholder values.
- 7242: Enhanced the shared SQL ID hash key generation algorithm in mrprof and mrskew.
- 7047: Fixed “Use of uninitialized value $experience_id in sprintf” bug.
Workbench 188.8.131.52 (2018-08-27)
- 7173: Instead of mapping all “ocean” lines to
$island_id=0, mrskew now sets
$island_idfor such lines to −1 times the ocean’s line number.
- 7172: Fixed a bug causing mrskew to incorrectly calculate
$island_idwhen the ocean-defining “SQL*Net message from client” call is followed by a BINDS line.
- 7153: Fixed a bug causing mrskew to show the incorrect demonstration output for the “Duration by island ID” report.
Workbench 184.108.40.206 (2018-07-21)
- 7074: Fixed a bug causing Workbench not to recognize OpenJDK as a usable flavor of Java.
- 7063: Fixed a misleading no-license-found dialog message.
- 7090: Fixed a bug causing mrskew to take too long when processing a trace file with lots of BINDS lines preceding each EXEC.
Workbench 220.127.116.11 (2018-06-01)
- 6992: Fixed the download dialog so it’s wide enough now to display the whole bundle filename.
- 6917: Replaced dialog for macOS, and fixed a bug that intermittently caused the dialog from closing properly.
- 6505: Added a new automatic feature.
- 7018: Renamed
$island_id. Also renamed
- 7015: Redefined
$experience_idto match the value found in a trace line matching the
*** EXPERIENCE ID:(%s).
- 7013: The new
exp.rc) now projects the file name into the report output.
Workbench 18.104.22.168 (2018-05-18)
- 7006: Fixed a bug in which restarting Workbench did not restore check marks for files that had been selected when Workbench was previously closed.
- 7005: Fixed a bug in which some Preferences changes are not persisted when Workbench is restarted.
- 6986: Fixed a bug in which clicking Cancel from the Profiler Preferences panel could result in a parameter’s value not being restored to its original representation.
- 6983: Fixed a bug that caused the Workbench application to crash if you hold open the or dialog for more than a few seconds.
- 6955: More gracefully handle file system changes to files that are loaded within the Workbench application.
- 6861: Preferences panel is now modal.
Workbench 22.214.171.124 (2018-05-11)
- 6994: Fixed a bug causing tags and filters in the files pane to misbehave.
Workbench 126.96.36.199 (2018-05-09)
- 6957: Fixed a bug causing the version number to render improperly when using
- 6887: Canonicalized and alphabetized action names to make them easier to find.
- 6879: Moved the buttons that affect the output pane to be close to the output pane.
- 6876: Renamed the actions to be shorter, more consistent, and easier to search.
- 6841: Workbench now loads all sample files when you click the “…load sample files” link.
- 6837: Changed Files pane footer status to provide more information about how many files have been selected, loaded, and filtered.
- 6821: New Reset button makes it easy to restore preferences to factory defaults.
- 6820: References to “id” have been changed to “ID”.
- 6782: New filter widget for the middle pane makes it easy to find the report or manipulation you’re looking for with just a few keystrokes.
- 6781: New search field makes it easy to filter your view of the files pane.
- 6776: New “Response time by call begin and end time sequence” report makes it easy to see the timeline of when calls were executed, even across trace files.
- 6760: Added license ID to license key information.
- 6664: Files pane filter helps you remove clutter, to see only the files that you want to see.
- 6573: Added feature.
- 6543: New integrated Workbench application automatically profiles your trace files as you load them.
- 6536: Open an input trace file in your default application for .trc files with a single click.
- 6506: New “Tags” column in the Files pane works in conjunction with the new filter feature to make it easier for you to organize and find your trace files.
- 6491: Fixed a problem with column-head checkbox not responding consistently to clicks.
- 5889: mrprof and the Method R Tools utilities are now fully integrated in a rich, full-featured Method R Workbench application.
- 6591: Fixed doc typo.
- 6929: New mrls
--tagsoption shows trace file tags stored in the Method R Workbench database.
- 6846: Fixed a bug causing the “?” character in the VERSION column to align improperly sometimes.
- 6845: New mrls
--statusoption shows mrls status in each row of output.
- 6736: Renamed the “ORA” column to “VERSION”.
- 6548: Show all the digits of the Oracle version number instead of just the first two.
- 6258: Changed “R” column label to “DURATION”.
- 6981: Removed the “alias call=” string from trcsess scripts generated by
- 6976: Documented the requirement for
MRWORKBENCH_INSTALLenvironment variable in the mrprof man page.
- 6893: Fixed a bug causing mrprof to report dramatically exaggerated LIO counts for RPC EXEC calls.
- 6872: mrprof now renders tag information for the input file in its Method R Profile HTML report.
- 6818: mrprof now puts the licensee’s full name into the profile HTML report.
- 6732: Changed hover highlight color to a theme-consistent light blue.
- 6504: Fixed a bug causing mrprof to incorrectly handle input files whose names contain invalid XML characters.
- 6952: calls.rc file indents SQL text in addition to the call name.
- 6911: Removed single quotes from the default group and select labels.
- 6716: New “Response time by file name and line number for a given call name pattern” report makes it easy to identify exactly where (file name and line number) your set of trace files’ longest-duration calls are.
- 6693: Changed spelling of “sharable” to “shareable” throughout the product.
- 6676: Fixed a man page bug that mistakenly referred to
- 6644: Fixed a bug in which
$ssqlidwould display differently in mrskew than in mrprof.